SERMON: Jeremiah 35:30-32 “The Coming Storm”
2ND LAST SUNDAY OF CHURCH YEAR NOV. 15, 2020
Jeremiah 24:30-32 “The Coming Storm”
30 “Now prophesy all these words against them and say to them: ”‘The LORD will roar from on high; he will thunder from his holy dwelling and roar mightily against his land. He will shout like those who tread the grapes, shout against all who live on the earth. 31 The tumult will resound to the ends of the earth, for the LORD will bring charges against the nations; he will bring judgment on all mankind and put the wicked to the sword,’” declares the LORD. 32 This is what the LORD Almighty says: “Look! Disaster is spreading from nation to nation; a mighty storm is rising from the ends of the earth.”
1. Why are hurricanes tracked?
2. What does the roar of God’s voice do?
3. Why do God’s charges apply to us?
4. What is God’s judgment of eternal death like?
5. How does Jesus’ death affect God’s judgment?
6. What does the gospel proclaim about God’s judgment?
7. Why is judgment day a day to rejoice in for those who believe in Jesus?
8. Why should we be concerned about sin once we trust in Jesus?
9. What does the Holy Spirit encourage us to do as God people in Christ?